Thoughts on politics (Flemish, Belgian, European and Global), music, facts that arrouse my curiousity and whatever else happened in my/the world.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Fogland

Took me a while to really get to the bottom of this show, mind-wise, but I think I’m ready to review it about now. Which show? The Sisters, obviously, in Brussels this time: AB April 22nd.

First row experience again, got me a spot right smack in the middle in front of Our Glorious Leader this time. Great view, though the security bar was in quite a painful position for me, which made me move a row back (still had a great view from there).

Though this show was completely different from the Paris one, it was a very enjoyable gig once again. Smaller venue, great crowd and truckloads of smoke. The smoke made I hardly ever had the chance to spot Ben Christo, just about could see Chris Catalyst, but had an ever so good view of what Von was doing.

I really like the control Eldritch gained over his voice in this tour, much better than the yelps we were getting used to, Ben and Chris’ backings are much better than Adam’s as well, I just never saw how he fitted in voice-wise.

The two boys are really doing a very good job on guitars too, by the way. It is really amazing how fast they got to know all the Sisters songs and even manage to do all the hard bits like Temple of Love and First and Last and Always (we didn’t get to hear that one this time though). Of course the set list doesn’t vary that much over all the gigs – one can hardly expect so when they’re doing 57 dates – but still: Great!

Perhaps there’s one thing that really bothers me: After the show, I was more or less reviewing the show together with some other people as someone noted one of the great things about a Sisters show is it can totally disappoint you one day just to be blown away totally at the next one. On this tour however, the quality is nearly constant, which obviously gets us some great shows but at the same time make you feel like you’re lacking the total euphoria. It’s not like you come out of a show in a haze of astonishment, you can more or less remember the whole show – up to you to decide if that’s a good or a bad thing though!

Also some of the solos in the ‘new’ songs lacked the energy Adam put in to them, making them sound a bit weak and like learnt by heart but not played with the heart. Nevertheless it’s great to see Chris play games with the audience and Ben is one hell of an appearance on stage!

Anyway, I’ll be there on May 11th, that I’m sure of! And kudos to Speedy Dave, for doing his 150th gig. Hope you enjoyed the cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home